3.18.2007

The REAL First Post

I wanted to make my first post an introduction to what you, my beloved reader, can expect to find in future posts. I had a whole post written out in my head that went greatly into detail about why I chose this moniker, among other things. But I changed my mind.

I'll give you the short for the moniker. A gecko is a small reptile known primarily for its ability to scale walls and trees as well as its ability to change colors on a whim. So where's the importance in this? Because I've always been fascinated with them. They're beautiful creatures. They're ever changing, and quick to adapt. They're myself, animal-fied. I am adaptable to nearly any situation, and find it effortless to disguise myself, in words, in appearance, and in expression.

The random part? Well, I'm a very random person. I may make a post about kittens one day, and then come back kicking and screaming about the piss-poor conditions the IEEE has set up for mobile devices the next day. I suppose it serves more as a warning than anything else.

Now, the fluff is out of the way. I've explained myself. The reasons behind me feeling as if I needed to do so, I cannot describe. Perhaps it stems from a fear of criticism-- but then what the hell am I doing writing and posting on the internet? I've chosen to remain anonymous for many reasons, but largely because the current conditions don't exactly allow me to reveal who I am behind the opinions I hold. Sure, I've shared this URL with friends, but only those I trust most. Any comments made about my identity will be promptly deleted, and the IP banned. I don't choose to stay anonymous out of lightness. I do so out of necessity. I think I've made myself clear.

Now, why did I make this blog? I needed a place to simply exist in raw form. But there are, of course, more reasons than that. I want this blog to be a challenge to you, dear reader. I want to force you to think, to feel, and to listen. Too often have I remained silent about the injustices I see in the world with my clear view. That will cease to happen. I desire logical, rational debate and discussion. Sure, there are countless blogs out there about the war, technology, and bitchy software developers complaining about the big MS. I am not a soldier. I am not a designer. I am not a developer. I am a jack of all trades, ace of none. But I feel that I can stand out from the rest because of a desire to cut out the fluff and get down to finding real solutions.

Another objective I have for this blog is to allow people to simply explore another person's life from the inside. Yes, I could have made a LiveJournal to do that. But the format does not fit properly as a means for what I am trying to achieve. Perhaps I will discuss this more in a future post if readers don't understand what I'm talking about.

If I have inspired you, good. If I have bored you, go back to playing Halo 2. But the challenge remains. Let the world hear you cry. Let the world hear you laugh. Let the world hear you scream.

Just make sure they're listening.

No comments: